Weight Loss Procedures
Peak Bariatric weight loss physicians provide you with expert care. Our expert physicians are educated in the latest in bariatric surgical care – to ensure that you have the best care possible.
Additionally, feel confident know that your procedure will be handled in our bariatric equipped surgery centers, using the latest bariatric technologies.
At Peak Bariatric, we understand choosing to undergo weight loss surgery is a positive, yet life-changing decision. Most of our patients have tried yo-yo diets, exercise regimes, diet pills, and even hypnosis to overcome obesity before turning to us to lose weight for good.
Qualifications for Weight Loss Surgery
We recommend weight loss surgery for adults who have a BMI at 30 or above and are committed to beginning a true weight loss journey. Most of our previous patients have attempted to lose weight through diet and exercise, but have failed.
While most people with a BMI of 35 or over qualify for weight loss surgery, Peak Bariatric does offer a non-surgical option to people with BMIs between 26 and 35.
Compare Peak Bariatric’s Weight Loss Procedures
- Lose as much as 70% of excess weight in 1 year(1)
- Short 60-minute, outpatient procedure
- Be back to work within a few days of the procedure
- Lose up to 65% of excess weight in first year(4)
- Lose 2-4 pounds a week following surgery
- 95% of patients report improved cholesterol
- Lose 50% of excess weight over 1-2 years(4)
- One of our least invasive procedures
- 48% of patients have seen diabetes disappear
- Lose up to 12% of total weight in 6 months(2)
- No surgery required for this 30-minute procedure
- Be back to work the day after the procedure
- Tiny incisions and less pain
- Shorter operation time and home the same day
- Back to normal activities and work in days
How Does Weight Loss Surgery Help?
You are not alone in your struggle to regain control of your weight. In fact, more than one third of the US adult population is clinically obese(3). Over a decade ago, The National Institutes of Health (NIH) reported that individuals with severe obesity are resistant to long-term weight loss through conventional therapies such as diet and exercise. In fact, the NIH recognized weight loss surgery as the only effective treatment to combat obesity and help keep weight off long-term.
Weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, is an effective tool for long-term weight loss in two ways.
- It helps reduce the amount of food your stomach can hold, which results in a reduction in the desire to eat and in the frequency of eating.
- Weight loss procedures positively affect intestinal hormones reducing hunger and increasing feelings of fullness while eating.
Ready to Talk to an Expert About Weight Loss Surgery?
Peak Bariatric employs a team of experts to help you move swiftly through the weight loss surgery process. To learn more about our concierge-style service, click here.
(1) Golomb I, Ben David M, Glass A, Kolitz T, Keidar A. Long-term Metabolic Effects of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy. JAMA Surg. 2015;150(11):1051–1057. doi:10.1001/jamasurg.2015.2202
(2)Endoscopic bariatric therapies. Abu Dayyeh, Barham K. et al. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy , Volume 81 , Issue 5 , 1073 – 1086
(3) Flegal KM, Carroll MD, Ogden CL, Johnson CL. Prevalence and Trends in Obesity Among US Adults, 1999-2000. JAMA. 2002;288(14):1723–1727. doi:10.1001/jama.288.14.1723
(4) Puzziferri N, Roshek TB, Mayo HG, Gallagher R, Belle SH, Livingston EH. Long-term Follow-up After Bariatric Surgery A Systematic Review. JAMA. 2014;312(9):934–942. doi:10.1001/jama.2014.10706Peak